With the Holidays right around the corner, it was time to put together this amazing giveaway and I am starting with the Gadget Girl!
With the Holidays right around the corner, it was time to put together this amazing giveaway and I am starting with the Gadget Girl!
What: Glitter Pumps
Why: Perfect for a night out or to spruce up a jeans and tee outfit
Wear-ability: Depending on your style, these shoes can be worn day or night or both. My suggestion; if you only see yourself wearing them at night, go for a pair that's under $100, if you feel that this is a trend you can wear at all times of the day, go for a a little bit of a splurge and a simple more comfortable style.
$22.80 at Forever 21
As you all may know, one of my favorite stores is Forever 21! They always have a really great selection of just about everything! So here is another of my Head to Toe Forever 21 looks I put together. This cute outfit is perfect for a Holiday Party and yes, every piece if Forever 21! Even the amazing Minaudiere, which as we all have seen, is making a serious comeback this fall season!
I love the summer heat but I am actually super excited about this fall's hottest trends! Here are my top ten favorite!
1. Over-the-Knee Boots are the perfect addition to any fall outfit. From dresses to jeggings, you can wear them with just about anything.
$45.50 at Charlotte Russe
2. Lace can add a touch of sensuality to any outfit. Wear a dress decked out in the fabric, or a simple tee, any way you wear you are sure to look sexy!
3. Fur (real or Faux) is definitely making waves this fall. Fur vests can add sophistication to a simple jean and tee combo.
$289.00 at Singer22
4. Statement rings can toughen up any outfit and in this case, size does matter. Make sure to jump fast on this trend because a statement ring can make all the difference!
$99.00 at Charm & Chain
5. Animal print is a big one this fall. From shoes to handbags to even harem pants, animal print is everywhere. Try wearing one piece in order not to over do it!
6. Long skirts are no longer warm days. Now you can pair long skirts with boots and cozy sweater making them a must have for fall!
$19.80 at Forever 21
7. Statement necklaces add instant glam to any outfit. My new favorite thing to do is pair a super glam neck piece with a white button down. It looks absolutely amazing.
8. Velvet can be a bit old school, but when worn the right way, velvet can add the perfect touch to any outfit. Weather day or night, there is velvet for every occasion!
9. Cross Body satchels are perfect for everyday! You can fit everything into them and you can just swing them over your shoulder and your hands are free to do whatever you want.
10. Capes are this year's must have coat! They make any outfit look classy and demure and are perfect when paired with pleated skirts and tights!
$358.00 at French Connection
So I am usually one to judge a book by its cover, but it's impossible to do so with my Nook. Since the books don't have to look pretty on my Shabby Chic book shelve, I have more liberties to choose books by their content. Don't get me wrong, even though most of my books are pretty, most have been on the New York Times best seller list. When I stumbled upon this Debbie Macomber classic, I was intrigued by its tittle. It seemed familiar, a movie possibly, but I couldn't put my finger on it. And so, on sale, I bought the book, downloaded it to my Nook and began the reading frenzy. The book is divided into two parts, the first part, The Forgetful Bride, and the second, When Christmas Comes. Both are light hearted comedic romances that leave much to be desired. While the story lines have a potential to be dynamic, the story teller gives no significant depth to her characters and so we are left with two predictable stories which we can all determine the ending to just by reading the first chapter. Quick and easy book to read if you're bored at home with nothing better to do. My verdict: Worth the $3 dollars I paid for it as it entertained me over the weekend but glad it was only $3! Next on my list, Truman Capote's In Cold Blood. I am hoping this is a much more challenging read.
Just so you know, I am still in love with bandage. I know, I know, If it ain't Herve, it ain't real bandage. But not all of us can afford Herve's price tag. I found these great bandage dresses which I am absolutely obsessed with and which I can possibly afford!
PS. I just realized how absolutely in love I am with back seam tights! And so I bought two pairs on Amazon today! A nude with black back seam and a black with black back seam. I am so stoked to get them in on Wednesday!
Here are some other really cute back seam madness, front seam and side seam madness!
Yes, I have been on bloglovin forever but under a different blog. Ever since I changed the name of my blog from Candy Coated Sequins to Fashion Book, I did not update the account and so I just remembered about this! So here it is and please follow me there!
Writing a compilation of short stories is not as easy as I thought it could possibly be! I have been working so hard on this new endeavor of mine that i have had barely any time to blog about my favorite things! And with the Holidays right around the corner, fall in full swing, a new Nook, blogging for Shine Media PR and an account on Epub (this new place where you can publish books and sell them), I have been a lot busier than I was hoping for!
I have been shopping for new additions to my fall wardrobe visiting stores like Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, Gap, J. Crew and of course Steve Madden and Zara for some super cute shoes! Here's some of the things I've found on my quest for the perfect fall wardrobe!
And about the Nook, it is the best purchase a person can make! Trust me, I am able to read more often and I can buy books wherever, whenever! Yes, I am a bit of a book worm but I can't help the fact that I love to read!
PS. It is absolutely ok to still wear summer wedges in the fall! Specially when its these Steve Madden ones!
Hey my lovely blogger friends and readers! I know I've been away for sometime but my sister just had her first baby and I am now an auntie for the first time! It has been a massive rush about and I have not had any time to update! But in celebration, here are somethings I've been meaning to post about! Most importantly those super fun questions Justina had tagged me in such a long time ago!
I am absolutely obsessed with the Mortorcycle boots trend and these are definitely on my lust list!
1. who is your favorite designer? - BCBG Max Azaria. I love its sexy and yet sophisticated feel. I especially love the party dresses and all the feminine and sleek fabrics used.
2. name 3 items you can't live without - This is a hard one but 1. My Blackberry (it's pretty much my life) 2. My Ipod (I can't live with out music + it has B&N reader app on it) 3. Bronzer (god forbid I stepped out the house with out my bronzer)
3. your favourite fashion era - This one! I love how history is repeating itself and every era is pretty much game. I love mixing styles so this fashion era is my perfect fit.
4. any fashion icon? - Jennifer Lopez always looks so put together. I also love Olivia Palermo's sleek and defined style.
5. favourite song - Every song is my favorite song but I would have to go with Usher's "DJ Got Us Falling in Love Again" for now
6. favourite book(s): I am currently obsessed with the Twilight Saga but shhh don't tell anyone. My favorite book of all time however will definitely have to be Lords of Discipline and the Color Purple. Oh and The Davinci Code!
7. favourite movie: Again I have alot of favorites for movies too but my all time favorite is definitely Breakfast at Tiffany's! I love Audrey Hepburn's character Holly Golightly.
8. favourite season: I love the transition from Summer to Fall.
Thanks to Justina Leigh at My Glamourology for tagging me in this fun Q&A!
I spotted these great booties at the Call It Spring store that just opened at the Manhattan Mall!
As promised, here is my completed cork board! Hope you guys like :)
This is the frame I jazzed up myself! With a little paint and some really cute letter stickers, it looks brand new!
Follow Shine Media PR on Twitter for daily updates on their sample sale, great promotions and giveaways, fashion news and much much more!
I was inspired by my dear friend over at My Glamourology to post about this DIY project I always have tons of fun doing.It's my cork board which goes right over my computer were I keep all my notes, pictures, memorabilia, calendar and inspiration. Here are some before pictures! I will be working on this all night tonight so check back soon to see the new and improved cork board!
Be bold and daring with these Forever 21 cheetah booties. They are the perfect addition to any fall wardrobe and with this Head-to-Toe Forever 21 look, you just can't go wrong!
It's my favorite time of the week! Head-to-toe Forever 21 is back and better than ever! With Fall right around the corner, I wanted to show you how to take your cute little summer dress and booties from summer to fall with just a few pieces and all from Forever21!
These Juciy Couture Darby Boots are to die for! Wear them with just about anything, from skinny jeans and leather jackets to a pretty floral dress. You can't go wrong with these!
I went over to Roosevelt Field Mall today and found some things I absolutely need. Including this Michael Kors bag and Juicy Couture watch.
XO from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Hot Spot: Buddakan
This Asian American restaurant serves the best food on earth, the best drinks you will ever drink and the best atmosphere you will ever experience.
Here are some pics of my lovely after hour with my co-workers yesterday!
PS. I always have to throw fashion in everything and so I need the world to know that my outfit is head-to-almost-toe Forever21. With the exception of the shoes which I aqquired at Rainbow for only $9 yesterday on sale!
This whole month of August enjoy a great discount on all Justina Leigh just for you! You can shop her collection at www.justinaleigh.com! When you are set on your selection, contact her directly and mention my post for an amazing discount! Don't we all just love Monique! Don't forget to check out her amazing blog www.myglamourology.com for some great style tips!
Thinking of starting a cupcake business... Here are some seriously delicious images I found of some great looking (and tasty looking) cupacakes...
I will let you guys know how my baking goes...
I've never baked in my life, but I think its time to learn...
I would love to be able to make treats as sweet as these!
Will keep my lovely readers posted on how my baking goes :)
I know I've spoken about this ring numerous times before, but I just can't get enough of it! It's Forever21 and it retails for under $10! I think everyone should own one. I wear mine every day. Literally no joke, everyday!
You might not think that Head-to-Toe Forever 21 is possible, but I have proved it here once again that it is! It is easy to find great pieces there that look like a million bucks, trust me I should know. Advice #1, Go early!!!! I know none of us like to wake up early on our days off but trust me, it is the only way you can find great pieces at your local Forever21.
I absolutely love Rachel Bilson's style and when I saw her walking around town with this gorgeous Chloe "Marcie" satchel my first thought was "I must have this bag!!" Too bad the price tag didn't really fit my budget! Luckily, I found this amazing Shop Suey Boutique "Rachel" stachel for alot less than half the price!
Rachel Bilson absolutely loves her Chloe "Marcie" satchel. Get the look with this amazing Shop Suey Boutique piece retailing for only $58! Available in an amazing array of colors, this is the perfect bag to transition into fall.
Pre-order yours now at ShopSueyBoutique.com before it's too late!
Kourtney Kardashian keeps baby Mason close to her heart with her monogrammed Sonya Renee pendant engraves with her son's initial retailing at $280.
You can get the look with this very similar style pendant from Nashelle, which retails for only $65.
I can never get enough chains and armor in my accessories but when I came across Justina Leigh, I knew my world would be a better place! I instantly fell in love wth her intricate chain weaving, mixed metals and whimsical touches that make her jewelry not only tough and edgy but also chic, glam and trendy!
It is no doubt that fashion maven turned jewelry designer Monique Lopez knows how to mix glam and rock and with her line of chunky chained bracelets and necklaces, we can all see why Justina Leigh is a jewelry line to watch out for!
The intricate chain details and whimsical charm, make these the perfect topping to any outfit! Perfect for day or night, you can wear these with just about anything.
With Givenchy designer Guillaume Henry in charge of all things creative, we can expect a whole new look from Carven! Look out for supple fabrics, intricately folded statement cocktail dresses, perfectly cropped pants and heavy wool coats.
I love to mix the old the good and the new! I always try to find super old items in my accessories closet, then I mix those with newer outfits! A girl can't get a new Chloe bag every season!
Dress: H&M I recentely found this dress for $7 on the sale racks of H&M
Ring: Forever 21 under $7
Bracelet: Gift from my aunt
Both these ring I found recently while bargain hunting at Forever 21.